Google Search Tricks
ORare two operators that can be used in Google search.
AROUND(x)can be used to refine search results for two words that are close to each other up to a range
x. For example
ABC AROUND(1) DEFmeans that
DEFare very close to each other in the search results while
ABC AROUND(3) DEFmeans they are not so close.
-also works on
site:parameter. For example we can exclude an url by
- Search only in the title text is defined by
- Parameters that can be used 1
filetype. An example is
-inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:”index of” apkwhich is for something that appears in the html title. Another example is
-inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:"index of" +("/ebooks"|"/book") +(chm|pdf|zip) +"For Dummies". Another one to find music is
-inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(wma|mp3) “Counting Crows”. Also ti can be used to find ebooks,
-inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:”index of” +”last modified” +”parent directory” +description +size +(pdf|doc) “george orwell 1984″.
- Cache can be directly obtained by using
cache:http://openmetric.orgin the url bar.
- Google translate or Google mobilizer can help us bypass paywalls sometimes. This can be done by typing in the address bar directly. Two examples are
- Parameters in image search can help us assign type of images. Use the
Search Toolsprovided by Google.
- Search within some time can be done either using
Search Toolsor using url hack
A list of operators 2
link:URL= lists other pages that link to the URL.
related:URL= lists other pages that are related to the URL.
- site:domain.com “search term = restricts search results to the given domain.
- allinurl:WORDS = shows only pages with all search terms in the url.
- inurl:WORD = like allinurl: but filters the URL based on the first term only.
- allintitle:WORD = shows only results with terms in title.
- intitle:WORD = similar to allintitle, but only for the next word.
- cache:URL = will show the Google cached version of the URL.
- info:URL = will show a page containing links to related searches, backlinks, and pages containing the url. This is the same as typing the url into the search box.
- filetype:SOMEFILETYPE = will restrict searches to that filetype
- -filetype:SOMEFILETYPE = will remove that file type from the search.
- site:www.somesite.net “+www.somesite.net” = shows you how many pages of your site are indexed by google
- allintext: = searches only within text of pages, but not in the links or page title
- allinlinks: = searches only within links, not text or title
- WordA OR WordB = search for either the word A or B
- “Word” OR “Phrase” = search exact word or phrase
- WordA -WordB = find word A but filter results that include word B
- WordA +WordB = results much contain both Word A and Word B
- ~WORD = looks up the word and its synonyms
- ~WORD -WORD = looks up only the synonyms to the word
Finally, Google can gives us useful result directly like calculator (